Monday, May 10, 2010

Peace Corps Invitation!

This is my first post in my first real blog. I guess the best way to start it off is with the biggest news I've received in the last 30 days: On April 14 I received my invitation to serve as a Peace Corps Volunteer in Madagascar. I depart for orientation on July 19, 2010.

I expect I will have much more to say in the coming months, and I plan to use this blog if at all possible during my assignment as well. In the meantime, as I frantically try to do everything I need to do stateside, I'll try to use this blog to connect with fellow invitees/volunteers/RPCV's. So if you have been invited to serve, are serving, or have served in Madagascar (or anywhere else for that matter) I'd be happy to discuss...well...anything.

Cheers!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Josh! My email address is dorothy.mayne@gmail.com, and you can friend me on facebook if you want to see my pictures. I think Im the only Dorothy Mayne.
    Congrats on being invited to one of the best countries in PC (i am a bit biased though).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Josh! I'm a fellow Madagascar invitee going to staging in D.C. the 19th as well. I'm doing community health education, how about you? I'm glad to have found your blog, it's nice to know others who are going through the same process!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Josh and Brianna!
    I'm a fellow Madagascar invitee as well! I'm doing TEFL and would love to talk to you guys. My email is remiller86@hotmail.com

    PS, Dorothy, I found your blog on the Peace Corps journal site and I love it!

    ReplyDelete